Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fun for the Whole Family!

My family and I recently took a trip out to Vancouver to visit my brother, and what family vacation is complete without building a play set?

This is a hardware kit from www.swing-n-slide.com.  Like the box says: "Just add lumber".  It comes with instructions, a cut list, and all the necessary hardware.  Great for a weekend project.
That sounds fine Uncle Josh, but where is my play set?

My niece is standing on the foundation.  We used simple deck blocks slightly below grade.  Not much risk of frost in Vancouver...
 Next we assembled the frames...
And stood them up.
We were sure to treat the bottoms of the posts with a preservative to prevent rot.
 The decking goes on.

Starting to look better, Uncle Josh.

This is my brother's custom feature.  A large 4x6 will support three swings.

Yes, the 2x2 brace is temporary.  An A-frame to be installed at a later date.
 Three floors for three levels of fun!
We assembled the roof on the ground...
Then lifted it in to place.
Added a climbing rope.
And voila!  Railings have been added for safety.  Just waiting for the swings and a slide.

I think the kids will really like this.

Thanks for the visit brother!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Josh! This was definitely a 2-person project. I'm still waiting for my A-frame brackets to arrive, but I'll send you some photos when it's up.

    ReplyDelete