Friday, June 29, 2012

Art For Art's Sake

I recently had a unique opportunity.
Oakville based artist Michelle DeVilliers has ordered a number of pieces from Jacobson Construction.  A rather large craft table for painting sculpting storing etc, and a window seat with storage below.
When Michelle asked for some canvas storage, I suggested we make a trade...


This is the storage unit.  Approximately 8 feet tall by 7 feet wide.  Swivel casters make it easy to move about.  By the way, these casters are the best I have ever encountered.  Smooth running, even under considerable weight, and both the swivel and the wheel lock.


The frame is soft maple to match the table and window seat.



The shelves are fully adjustable and lock in place to keep the interior cabinet rigid.


The painted canvases slot into the shelves for easy access.


And here is the trade.  Michelle's Above the Falls now hangs on our dining room wall.

Thanks so much Michelle.  My wife and I are thoroughly enjoying the piece.



2 comments:

  1. OMG! I m every so jealous! What a beautiful piece and the art is lovely too. Just kidding. I love, love, love the piece of art and looks perfect for that space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful painting! I'll kind of miss the Elvis Presley portrait on black velvet that you had there before.

    It looks like a good number of canvases will be able to be racked in that storage unit. Nice work.

    You should see if you can get some sort of affiliate referral thing going on with Lee Valley - you're always plugging their kit.

    ReplyDelete